Friday, August 3, 2012

Tree Propagation

I was visiting family a few weeks ago and saw the most beautiful tree.  I was told it is called a Hawthorn tree.  I went over to Landscapre Alaska to see if they had any and was told that the variety that I saw is no longer commercially available.  The ones that are available are not very disease tollerant. 
The ones I saw are in another southeast community are just beautiful.  They are, frankly, in yards that are not very well kept so they must be pretty resilliant.  One is in the yard of an aquaintance so I have decided that I am going to try and propagate a new tree from cuttings.  Here is what I found when I researched how to do this..... http://www.ehow.com/how_7621862_propagate-hawthorn.html

Seems pretty easy to me!  Now all I need to do it get a few cuttings and get them in the planter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment