Monday, August 20, 2012

Peppers in the Greehouse

So my greenhouse has turned out ot be a huge success.  The tomatoes and peppers are going crazy.  Take a look.

Here is a little hint.....I tried using safer soap and the pepper plants did not like that at all.  If you look at the first photo you will see the brown spots on the leaves of the plant.  That is what happened when I applied safer soap to try and get rid of the aphids.  After that I got the ladybugs which worked like a charm.  Now when I see aphids on one of my plants I just go find a few ladybugs and put them on the plant.  Once I do that the little aphids are gone in a few days.

 See the anehiem peppers on the plant?  My family LOVES tortilla soup and which is what I typically  use anehiem peppers for.  I am looking forawrd to making it using our own peppers!

These are on a plant that is labeled red peppers.  Either they turn red once they reach maturity or it was not lableled correctly.
Here is a photo if the ladybugs I added to the greenhouse to keep the aphids at bay.  They have been doing superb job! 


No comments:

Post a Comment